Where is the Huntress?

Current Location: Toronto, ON

The Gentleman coffee is all you ever wanted: rich and smooth

Gentleman House Blend coffee by De Mello Palheta Coffee Roasters

"The Gentleman House Blend coffee lets your taste buds enjoy the finer things in life."

Coffee is another one of the great joys in my life and I have it on a daily basis, as mentioned in my post on unique coffee cups. I love it because it's versatile and can take many forms. Served iced, hot, plain, or dressed up with numerous mix-ins and toppings, the bold flavours that coffee delivers prevents any boredom that my taste buds may experience from drinking the same beverage for an extended period of time.

My love affair with coffee dates back to my University days where a "double double" was my drink of choice. Sweet and creamy from the double cream and double sugar, it was more of a dessert drink than anything else, only I had it on a daily basis.

Fast forward to the latter half of 2016. I decided I would try to limit sugar from my diet, at least in beverage form (which included fruit juice) for overall health reasons, but still added milk to my coffee. What I found was that being used to less sugar allowed me to taste my coffee more distinctly and notice all the subtle flavour profiles.

It was only after I switched to drinking coffee black (and on occasion, with a non-dairy milk because I still love my lattes!) that I realized I like the bitter notes that coffee exudes, something I would have never dreamed of liking when I was in my 20s.

However, with black coffee, I often find it has an acidic undertone and is not particularly smooth. I bought flavoured coffees to try to mask the acidity, but something about it just tasted artificial. So what luck I had when I decided to peruse home décor store Merchant Sons the other day, which housed a full-service coffee bar by De Mello Palheta Coffee Roasters

After ordering a non-dairy latte and chatting with the friendly barista on the various coffee blends, I decided to pick up a bag of The Gentleman House Blend coffee, which was described as having a rich flavour profile with hints of dark chocolate and no acidic undertones. 

Sold on his recommendation, I decided to try the coffee the next day to see if it lived up to the hype. Sure enough, the coffee had a darker profile, but not overly dark which can result in the coffee being too bitter, and no hint of acidity. And unlike the flavoured coffees I bought in the past, the Gentleman House Blend's subtle hints of dark chocolate did not taste artificial. 

This is quality coffee in true form and also aptly named to boot.






  

No comments

Post a Comment

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig