Where is the Huntress?

Current Location: Toronto, ON

Double duty day cream

Nutrient day cream with SPF 30 by Josh Rosebrook

"A nutrient day cream that wreaks havoc on UV rays, not your face."

Mother Nature is a force to be reckoned with. While life-giving and nurturing, she can also wreak havoc on earth and this includes us human beings... and our skin, the largest organ in the human body. The damage I'm specifically talking about is the harmful UV rays emitted by the sun. Whether we're smack in the middle of a harsh winter or braving a sweltering summer season, it's important to protect yourself with sunscreen or at the very least, a day cream with adequate SPF anytime you're exposed to the sun.

Growing up, I used sunscreen in the summer time, especially on family vacations where we would be at a beach. These values were instilled in me at a young age by my mom, who taught me the importance of taking care of my skin early on in life. However, I rarely wore sunscreen in the winter because:

  • I hated layering sunscreen under moisturizer
  • Wearing sunscreen alone wasn't moisturizing enough in the winter

When I got to my late 20s, my perspectives changed. I wanted to not only protect my skin against skin cancer, which is caused by UVB rays, but I also wanted to prevent aging caused by UVA rays. That's when I decided I would wear sun protection all year round.

I searched for sunscreens that were lightweight enough to wear under moisturizers and for a while I used Neutrogena Dry-Touch Sunblock, until I read that the chemical ingredients used in it were toxic. So I decided to use a natural mineral sunscreen, and have been faithfully using Kiss My Face SPF 40 Sunscreen ever since. And while the sunscreen blends in quite well and leaves my skin with a matte, non-oily finish, there is a subtle white residue. Not the end of the world, in my mind, if my skin was protected.

It was only after the sunscreen was no longer stocked at my local health store that I decided to try to find a moisturizer with similar number in SPF. Tired of layering a moisturizer over a sunscreen, I wanted a double duty day cream that packed all the punches without any hint of white residue. Enter the Nutrient Day Cream with SPF 30 by Josh Rosebrook.

While this day cream is a bit pricey, it delivers everything I ever wanted in a protective day cream. Lightweight, moisturizing, and certified organic, it contains:

  • non-nano, micronized zinc oxide (scientifically proven to protect against UVA and UVB rays)
  • herbal plant extracts and plant oils that deliver antioxidants, vitamins, and minerals to nourish and repair the skin 
  • sun protection factor 30

Oh, Mother Nature, I certainly can't live without you, but now I can live (more harmoniously) with you. Keep the sun shining. I see brighter days ahead now that I have my double duty day cream.

No comments

Post a Comment

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig