Where is the Huntress?

Current Location: Toronto, ON

Man's best magazine rack

French bulldog magazine rack by Liberté Design Studio

"A magazine rack worthy of a forever home."

To say that I love animals would be an understatement. Growing up, I had all sorts of pets from baby turtles to budgies, rabbits, and a whole lot of fish. But my all time favourite would have been my Shih Tzu puppy, Gigi (I didn't name her).

Notorious for being not properly housetrained, Gigi left her mark on some of the most hard to clean items such as area rugs. But her happy-go-lucky personality and ability to bring a smile to my face on even the worst of days made her my most loyal companion.

These days, while my life is void of pets, my condo certainly is not... of animals, that is. Say what? Your heard right. To pay homage to my former companions and my love of animals, I incorporate animal themed items (like the Enchanted Buck measuring cups from Anthropologie) throughout my home.

"But isn't that tacky?"

Not if the items are properly curated. What this means is that each piece ("animal") I add to my home is carefully selected to complement my condo's colour scheme and fit in with the clean, contemporary setting. They are accent pieces that provide a touch of whimsy to my condo, while remaining understated at the same time.

This French Bulldog magazine rack by Liberté Design Studio is what I would consider a worthy addition to my (or anyone's) living space. Made of wire and steel, the amusing rack's clean, geometric lines is minimalism at its best and won't compete with your home décor in an obtrusive way. In fact, I'd say the magazine rack would be your living room or office space's new best friend. And loyally so.


No comments

Post a Comment

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig