Where is the Huntress?

Current Location: Toronto, ON

Artist spotlight: Antonio Caballero

Art by Toronto artist Antonio Caballero

"An up and coming Toronto artist who should be on your radar."

Art is something I've always had an interest in, and I'm just as content admiring a gallery showstopper that's been carefully curated as I am taking in thought-provoking graffiti sprayed on a wall in a random alleyway. My appreciation for art stems from it's ability to convey a message and tell a story. A form of expression, it's open to interpretation. Most of all, it's not only cultural, but a labour of love.

I've collected a few pieces of art since moving into my condo. Some were made by local artists and some from afar (picked up through my travels). Be it a print or an original, I select art that speaks to me and bring me joy when I look at them hanging on the walls of my home.

In my hometown of Toronto, I make an effort to attend art fairs (or shows) that take place in various neighbourhoods so that I can discover emerging artists and support local artisans. One art show featured Antonio Caballero, a talented Toronto artist who uses custom miniature models to create whimsical scenes such as office ducks taking a smoke break at work. Set in its own case, each piece is made with high attention to detail and exudes a playful humour that is appealing in the most refreshing way.

I'm particularly fond of the pieces that feature iconic elements of Toronto like Union Station, TTC subway trains and streetcars, and notable neighbourhoods such as Queen Street West. It warms my heart and makes me happy to see my city depicted so well in art form.

You can see the rest of the art pieces on Antonio Caballero's website, which also details his art show exhibitions.

No comments

Post a Comment

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig